Designers are at the superheroes of our company workflow – everything either photographed or written eventually flows through the fingers of a designer. Publication Designers work on a wide range of projects: crafting beautiful, fun and quirky advertisements for clients, telling deep and rich stories of people and place through magazine layouts, and envisioning digital and “analog” marketing pieces to engage the next subscriber for any of our statewide magazines. Our publication designers are skilled visual artists, copywriters, planners and project managers.
Apply with cover letter, resume and up to three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to address how your skills and abilities are a fit for this job within your correspondence. Tell us where you’d like to live.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with writers, photographers and editors for story selection and story planning.
- Select and create photos, artwork and other graphic elements for design.
- Design magazine covers, departments and features for publications.
- Design and update websites and digital editions.
- Design marketing material for direct marketing, point-of-sale marketing and email marketing.
- Coordinate with advertising customers on ad design and proofing.
- 4-year degree in design, art, communication or related field of study
- Expert ability in Adobe CS products: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Intermediate ability in WordPress
- Excellent design and artistic skills
- Excellent short copywriting skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
Location (any of the below)
- Provo, Utah
- Estes Park, Colorado
- Norfolk, Nebraska
$40-$50K yearly salary, plus annual cost of living increases, plus annual wage increases based on increased responsibility and company growth.
Vacation, holidays, health, dental and SIMPLE IRA retirement investment.